C om m un i cat i on s k i l l s
It’s good to talk – or is it?
Master the tools and techniques you need to communicate effectively, confidently
and professionally in the workplace, whether writing emails, speaking over the
phone (including conference calls) or meeting others face-to-face.
Learn how to express yourself even more concisely, precisely and clearly with a
keen focus on knowing what you want to achieve, understanding the audience and
considering the context. The workshop focuses on the more challenging situations,
such as when you need to be assertive, deliver bad news or win others over to your
point of view.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
• Know how to select the appropriate medium (email, telephone or face-to-face)
• Be able to express messages relevant to the audience, objective and context
• Know how to communicate more clearly, precisely and concisely
• Understand how best to ask questions to establish needs and relevant
• Appreciate the impact of assumptions and know how to eradicate them
• Feel more comfortable in putting forward your view more assertively in difficult
1 Why effective business
communication is an essential skill
2 The communication cycle
3 Which medium when?
4 Four steps to communicating well
5 Communicating effectively in writing
6 Adapting your communication style
7 Telephone and conference call skills
8 Assumptions and misunderstandings
9 Precision questioning
10 Developing active listening skills
11 Communicating effectively with
12 Difficult conversations
13 Next steps / action plan