C han g e manag em en t
How to be a change agent as a manager, not a change blocker
Change is a given in any organisation today. You can choose to lead it, go along
with it or ignore it – but the last of these options is not a route to success. The
best approach is to be positive and proactive, whether that’s in a context of
organisation-wide strategic-level transformational change, or whether it’s a
question of making changes within the areas of the organisation that are within
your direct control.
This engaging and interactive workshop will take you on a journey exploring your
role in driving and supporting change, the impact of change on the human brain,
and the steps needed to bring about successful change.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
• Understand your role in change
• Be aware of the Kübler-Ross change curve and know how to handle your and
• Understand John Kotter’s 8-step change model and relate it to the challenges
• Recognise the power of managing your own emotional state and that of other
• Boost your confidence in getting buy-in and commitment to your suggestions
1 Why change?
2 Strategic change and the role of the
3 Tactical change and the role of the
4 Kübler-Ross and the barriers to
5 Kotter’s 8-step model
6 Communicating change
7 Next steps / action plan