R e lat e d s e r v i c e s
The bulk of our work is focused on the design and delivery of world-class customer
service training sessions of one sort and another. Quite often, however, in the
course of designing a bespoke session, other requirements will emerge and the
client will ask the trainer, ‘Can you also help us with…?’ Nine times out of ten, the
answer is ‘yes, of course!’
Here are some of those ‘Can you also…?’ moments:
• A leading chain of builders’ merchants wanted face-to-face customer service
training. By way of evaluation, we carried out ‘before and after’ mystery
shopping calls over the phone.
• Several clients have had us deliver keynote sessions on customer service at
their away-days. We’ve then got involved designing team activities, bringing in
actors, a cartoonist, a film crew as required.
• Some organisations get us to deliver train-the-trainer versions of the
programmes for them to deliver internally.
• A university’s requirement for customer service training turned into an urgent
requirement to completely re-design their three-week Student Registration
Services training and induction programme.
• A national park wanted ‘An external provider to work closely with managers and
staff acting as a ‘critical friend’ and learning provider. The provider will give ‘on
the job’ support and constructively challenge where behaviour, attitudes and
service outputs/processes are not customer focussed. The role will be driven
by the team action plans. It will actively promote understanding, stressing the
importance of why we need to put customer service at the heart of everything
we do.’ They chose us.
• We gave an NHS client the option of a conventional ‘roll-out’ training
programme or an unconventional Open Space event. They compromised and
18 Find out more at www.ih-customerservicetraining.co.uk