Page 22

comlongon_history

COMLONGON CASTLE PAINTED BY ALEXANDER REID IN 1792 World War 2. At the outbreak of the war Comlongon was offered as a refuge to children affected by the conflict, through the charity Barnardos. Hundreds of evacuees were housed here from 1942 until its final closure in 1952. Opened in January 1942, Comlongon Castle, was one of the dozen or so wartime evacuation centres that Barnardo's established in large country houses in Scotland. Comlongon Castle was used to accommodate the under-fives. 22


comlongon_history
To see the actual publication please follow the link above