RTAM Okanagan Chapter
Submitted by Nancy Kostiuk, photos by Lorna Rothwell
Lorne Lisik addressing our members and guests
A well-attended festive Christmas luncheon
was held at Wings Restaurant in West
Kelowna on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
Members and guests enjoyed a friendly afternoon
get-together. The emceeing was ably handled by
Lorne Lisik as he supervised the drawing for the
door prize and monitored the gift exchange. The
group donated a total of $150 for the local food bank.
Lorna Rothwell provided the photo. §
Senior Centre Without Walls Lydia Robertson, Program Assistant at A&O
Senior Centre Without Walls through A & O:
(Age and Opportunity) Support Services for
Older Adults offers free educational and
recreational programs over the phone. The program
reaches out to socially isolated older adults 55+
living in Manitoba. Individuals and groups are
welcome. There is no cost to register. We will call
participants and join them into the programs.
Please view our current Program Guide on the
following link on our website: http://bluetilde.ca/3
In our guide you will find the following topics
plus a whole lot more!
• Welcome to Senior Centre Without Walls!
• Frauds & Scams and Personal Safety (Winnipeg
• Moccasin Making
• A Grassroots Response to Climate Change:
• Interesting Manitobans: Women in Blues –
Stone Soup Jam
• Health and Wellness Presentations: Cancer
Screening Explained, Psychology Month and
• Lessons: Spanish Express
• Travelogues: Nigeria, Israel, Amazon and B.C.
• Music Therapy, Art Therapy and Meditation
• Celebrity Bingo and Fun and Games
• Book Clubs, Short Stories, Poetry (read aloud)
• Observances & Celebrations: Purim, St. Patrick’s
Day, April Fool’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Leap Day
Please let us know if you would like to have
copies of the guide or posters (front page of guide)
mailed to you. Call 204-956-6440. Please note that
the number of copies may be limited. Thank you for
helping us get the word out about this program to
older adults across the province!
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be filling any
previously requested standing orders for each new
term; so, please email a new request. Thank you. §
RTAM.MB.CA n 25