140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1) Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
2) Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment
3) Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs
with a little flour.
4) Fold the remaining flour, baking powder and mashed bananas
5) Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for approx. 30 minutes, until a
skewer comes out clean.
6) Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack
This is a great cooking activity which will encourage your child to develop a
variety of skills. Why not help your child to measure out the ingredients,
developing their tipping, pouring and measuring skills. Encourage your child
to fold the flour into the mixture, which will develop their gross motor skills.
Spooning the mixture into the baking tin will develop their hand-eye
coordination skills, alongside measuring and control. Finally, why not give
your child a watch or clock to keep an eye on the time, and explain where the
hands will be when the banana loaf will come out of the oven.